Financial Reporting Analyst - $30/hr
Boston, MA 02109
Our client in Boston, MA is looking for a Financial Reporting Analyst to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will review annual, semi-annual, and quarterly financial statements for registered investment companies. Apply today if you have a Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field and two to four years of global fund accounting experience.
Responsibilities for the Financial Reporting Analyst:
- Review annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements for registered investment companies, as well as a timetable calendars for such statements.
- Work independently, resolve issues and solve problems as they arise: Utilize best judgment to escalate matters to senior managers when appropriate.
- Maintain a working familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosures
- Maintain awareness of regulatory changes effecting funds.
- Communicate appropriately with the Financial Reporting Analyst and Financial Reporting Team management
- Become a skilled user of all related systems that support the Team’ s operations
- Continually reassesses, develops, and implements processes that will increase efficiency within the team, while maintaining the highest standards of analysis and levels of output
- Become proficient in the review of financial statements and how they relate to each other
- Review fund expenses and accruals; coordinate accrual adjustments with the client and financial reporting team
- Prepare fund expense invoices for authorization and review
Requirements for the Financial Reporting Analyst:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related studies, and/or equivalent work experience
- Two to four years of global fund accounting or related industry experience
- Two to three years of financial reporting experience
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.