Financial Reporting Team Lead
Boston, MA 02109
Our client in Boston, Ma is looking for a Financial Reporting Team Lead to join their team. In this contract role, you will supervise analyst’ s preparation of annual financial statements, regulatory filings, and forms for hedge and private equity funds. If you have a Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting and at least seven years of mutual fund experience, including at least four years of direct financial reporting, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Financial Reporting Team Lead:
- Review and/or prepare annual financial statements, regulatory filings such as CIMA filings and Forms PF and CPO-PQR for hedge and private equity funds
- Serve as an escalation point in assisting team members and reports with problem solving and issue resolution
- Maintain a working familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretation of governing financial statements and disclosure, including the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Internal Revenue Code, GAAP and other applicable requirements
- Communicate appropriately with the Fund Reporting Manager with respect to all timetables and workflow, and communicate to the extent appropriate about all relevant matters with other department members within the firm
- Perform special projects as directed by the Fund Reporting Manager
- Maintain knowledge related to regulatory changes affecting funds
- Assist in the implementation of proprietary and external systems
- Communicate appropriately with other department members as well as the Financial Reporting Manager with respect to all timetables, workflows and relevant matters
Requirements for the Financial Reporting Team Lead:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or equivalent discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- At least seven years of mutual fund industry experience including at least four years of direct financial reporting experience
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.