Financial Service Counselor - Medical
Boston, MA 02115
A renowned medical facility in Boston, MA is seeking a Financial Service Counselor to join their team. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity that pays up to $25/hr plus overtime. Apply today!
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the Financial Service Counselor:
- Collaborate with the International Patient Center to conduct the financial screening, acceptance, and ongoing continuum of care for various populations
- Prepare treatment plan estimates, correct reports, monitor patient financial accounts, prepare and package bills and ensure all providers are paid in a timely basis
- Collaborate with the International Patient Center (IPC) staff to obtain the appropriate information on services and plan of care to provide estimates services related to inpatient admissions, routine outpatient procedures, and proposed surgeries
- Interacts and assist patient and/or guarantor(s) with inquiries pertaining to their Hospital and professional service accounts, balances and credits
- Track, reconcile, and run invoices and patient billing summary reports for International patients in order to bill them for their Hospital and physician services
- Follows up on payment requests and reconciles payments against charges in Epic
- Meet with guarantor(s) or authorized patient representatives prior to departure to review preliminary invoices, negotiate payment of balances or determines a mutually agreed upon plan for resolution of balances
- Confirm guarantor(s) contact information in home country including home, work, cell phones and e-mail addresses to ensure appropriate management of balances and resolution once patient has returned to home country
- 3 years’ experience in a Hospital or physician billing, or patient financial services setting
- Problem-solver/critical thinking skills
- Strong work ethic
- Epic experience
- Experience with Excel and Outlook
- Authorization experience desirable, but not necessary
- Experience working with international patients and cultures a plus
- Other language skills a plus
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship