Financial Service Counselor- Up to $25/hr + overtime
Boston, MA 02115
Our client in Boston, MA is looking for a Financial Service Counselor to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will collaborate with the international patient center to conduct financial screening, acceptance, and ongoing continuum for an assigned population. If you have prior experience in a hospital. Physician billing, or patient financial services, apply today!
Compensation: Up to $25/hr + overtime
Responsibilities for the Accounting Analyst:
- Collaborate with the International Patient Center to conduct the financial screening, acceptance, and ongoing continuum of care for one of the following assigned populations: all self-pay, free service international patients; government sponsored patients; or Third Party sponsored patients
- Prepare treatment plan estimates, correct reports, monitor patient financial accounts, prepare and package bills and ensure all providers are paid in a timely basis
- Interact and assist patient and/or guarantor(s) with inquiries pertaining to their Hospital and professional service accounts, balances and credits
- Explain the billing and discount procedures of the Hospital and physicians' groups.
- Ensures timely resolution of claim payment from payors by submitting appeals and re-submitting documentation and billings for insurance
- Track, reconcile, and run invoices and patient billing summary reports for International patients in order to bill them for their Hospital and physician services
- Meet with guarantor(s) or authorized patient representatives prior to departure to review preliminary invoices, negotiate payment of balances or determines a mutually agreed upon plan for resolution of balances
Requirements for the Accounting Analyst:
- Past experience in Hospital or Physician billing or patient financial services
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.