Financial Test Analyst
Boston, MA 02109
A leading financial services company in Boston, MA is seeking a Financial Test Analyst to join their team. In this contract role, you will supervise a team of testing analysts in the execution of UAT functions for a portfolio of projects. You will also be responsible for supervising team members to successfully complete testing for a set of projects related to a particular business product or discipline. This position pays up to $45/hr-$50/hr - apply today!
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the Financial Test Analyst:
- Oversee test planning and test case writing to ensure thorough, consistent and disciplined test approaches
- Verify quality of requirements, including testability, and ensure Test Traceability Matrix (tracing the test scripts and procedures to the requirements) is completed
- Supervise test design, test procedures, test environment configuration and test execution and documentation of test case results, and resolution of defects
- Provide oversight of test tool usage procedures to ensure consistency across programs
- Be accountable for accurate and frequent test progress and RAG reporting to steering level resources
- Central point of contact for critical decisions and escalation issues
- Oversee project timelines and milestone tracking
- Provide technical leadership for the test pillar they oversee, including test strategy and approach
- Develop and oversee execution of applicable user training for projects and programs
- Lead discussions on how to solve problems by providing ideas, insightful solutions and strong decision-making leadership
- Responsible for accurate test effort estimations and resource management to meet the needs of each project in their program(s)
- Coach and develop Test Analysts and Senior Test Analysts to progress to leadership roles
- BA/BS degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years related work experience; 3+ years’ experience in software testing
- Financial services industry knowledge and experience a plus
- Proficient in designing test suites and has good understanding of design and design standards
- Familiar with testing techniques and understands various testing phase
- Familiar with business area of application under test
- Working knowledge of windows based applications, including MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Analytical and problem solving skills to assess information through research and analysis
- Ability to quickly grasp and master job responsibilities, including new business knowledge and technical information
- Ability to work and communicate professionally with internal and external clients
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship