Foods Services Assistant
Boston, MA 02111
Our client in Boston, MA is seeking an experienced Foods Services Assistant. In this contract-to-hire role, you will be responsible for supporting the Food Services Department by performing a variety of duties to assist in the preparation and presentation of meals and refreshments to the Firm’ s clients, guests, attorneys and staff. Apply today!
Hours: Monday and Tuesday 11: 00am – 6: 30pm, Wednesday through Friday, 12: 00pm – 7: 30pm
Responsibilities for the Foods Services Assistant:
- Clean and stock all kitchens and lounges daily
- Set-up and clean-up any breakfasts/lunches/dinners
- Prepare conference rooms and deliver/remove all beverage and food carts in a timely manner
- Order last minute meals and deliver in a timely manner
- Assist in the set-up, service and clean-up of special events
- Always maintain an immaculate environment
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested
Requirements for the Foods Services Assistant:
- Experience in the food services or hospitality industry, preferably within a large corporate environment
- A professional demeanor and willingness to wear a uniform
- Strong interpersonal, communication and hospitality service skills
- Demonstrated skill providing service in an efficient, quiet, and discreet manner
- Proven ability to work both independently as well as on a team, in a busy, time-sensitive environment
- Desire to do whatever it takes to get the job done right
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. and to push carts of equal weight
- Ability to work until 7: 30 p.m. to cover vacations and absences
- Computer knowledge is required
- Willingness to work additional overtime when needed
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.