Front Desk/Assistant to Dean & Director of Admissions
Boston , MA 02115
Our client in Boston, MA is seeking a Front Desk/Assistant to Dean and Director of Admissions to join their team. In this contract role, you will manage the front desk operations in a busy admissions office and act as an information resource on admissions policy and procedure. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Front Desk/Assistant to Dean and Director of Admissions:
- Answer questions about admissions policies and procedures for the general public, applicants, admissions committee members and fellow staff members
- Answer and direct a high volume of email inquiries and incoming phone calls
- Greet walk-in visitors, including interviewing applicants, and answer questions when possible, triaging to other staff and departments
- Oversee the process of sending secondary applications to applicants and monitor system for errors and red flags
- Draft email correspondence to public and applicants
- Edit and proof letters for Dean and Director
- Prepare letters for admitted students, deferred students and wait-listed candidates
- Assist Director & Admissions Coordinator with creation of training materials for Admissions Committee members
- Update Admissions marketing materials used at recruitment events
- Correspond with other offices regarding time-sensitive and confidential matters
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of incoming student files prior to start of each academic year
- Manage the preparation and compilation of documents for large mailings, including admissions notifications
- Participate in admissions interview days by greeting applicants and answering questions, giving presentations to visiting applicants, etc.
Requirements for the Front Desk/Assistant to Dean and Director of Admissions:
- 3+ years of related administrative experience
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Experience working in an admissions office and familiarity with application processing
- Must be able to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.