Boston, MA 02205
A leading university in Boston, MA is seeking a Grant Administrator to join their team. In this contract role, you will support the Department Chair, Administrative Director, and Grants Manager in the Department of Environmental Health. You will be responsible for processing all financial transactions on research, operating and discretionary accounts, including travel reimbursements, honorariums, other disbursements and core administrative functions. This position pays $25+/hr. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Grant Administrator:
- Make purchases in the department including supplies and equipment and processing disbursements, honorariums, invoices, and travel reimbursements for research, operating and designated funds
- Process pre and post award grant administrative materials at the guidance of the Grants Manager
- Organize all department meetings, process room booking requests, and plan annual department retreat and other department-wide events
- Record and publish meeting minutes for monthly department meetings
- Act as liaison with facilities and operations
- Answer phones and manage mail in department
- Manage department task force meetings, faculty search calendar scheduling and travel arrangements
- Act as a resource for the department by assisting faculty with research and administrative related tasks and course work requests
- Serve as point person for technology trouble-shooting and IS/IT requests
Requirements for the Grant Administrator:
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.