Grant Billing Specialist
Springfield , MA
Our client in Springfield, MA is seeking a Grant Billing Specialist to join their team. This contract role pays up to $20/hr – apply today!
Responsibilities for the Grant Billing Specialist:
- Prepare monthly reimbursement requests to bill to the Federal Agencies that use a Non-Automated Draw (NCD) mechanism
- Complete a CD (Cash Deposit) Form to send to Cash Management Unit at the time of reimbursement request
- Update the Grant Expenditures Register (GER) and the monthly Federal Grant Expenditures Report for distribution to the program managers
- Maintain Master Grant File to keep information current and accurate
- Work with the Grant Manager and utilize a database to gather appropriate information to complete the monthly Grant Expenditure Reports and /or Grant Detail Reports
- Assist Program Mangers and PI’ s on Expenditure Corrections (EX) and help with cost analysis to each cost center number where spending occurs
- Assist with Contract Review and verification of funding for various Federal Program codes
- Assist Grant Manager with new grant setup and act as liaison with Comptroller’ s Office to ensure all required MMARs transactions have been completed
- Maintain Grant documents and filing
- Communicate with Federal Agencies to address inquiries regarding billing, reimbursement or reporting concerns
- Perform ad hoc data requests from Program Managers
- Assist in gathering data for the annual Single Rail and Transit Audit
- Track company-wide funds, perform billing/invoicing, and reconcile grants
- Assist with monthly Federal Grant reporting and process budget changes
- Move monies, review grant documents and set them up in the system
- Bachelors’ Degree or applicable experience
- Strong customer service skills, relationship building experience
- Ability to negotiate solutions
- Ability to act as liaison with Comptroller’ s Office, Program Managers etc.
- Proficient with Micro Soft Word and Mid to Advanced level in Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables)
- Past experience working with federal grants
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.