Candidates local to the Greater Boston Area are highly encouraged to apply!
This person will implement human resource solutions that will promote the strategic direction of the business. This may include involvement in the areas of employment, employee relations, employee development, training, human resource planning, performance management and compensation. Coordinate the activities of support and/or specialist groups as necessary. Consults with Manager on more complex HR issues/projects. This role requires someone who can work independently with little supervision.
Specific expectations of this assignment include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee, refine, and execute employee standards and procedures, using and improving existing HR procedures and recommended systems and processes
• Develop internal standard operating procedures for employee programs, including leave of absence, work from home policies and other personnel issues as needed
• Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs in addition to onboarding and exit interviews
• Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable university-wide and HR federal and state requirements, creating and maintaining records
• Identify and recommend areas of improvement and any others items as needed
Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources, 3-5 years in human resources, excellent communications skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset, Proficient in problem-solving and conflict resolution, extensive knowledge of HR policies, proficient in excel, experience in program/policy development
*6 months, with possibility of extension or conversion.