Hyannis, MA 02601
A health center in Mattapan, MA is seeking an HR Generalist to join their team. In this contract role, you will be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Director of Human Resources in supporting designated locations. Apply today!
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the HR Generalist:
- Ensure that the on-boarding process for both managers and new hires is timely and seamless; assess and determine salary placement on established scales; create and issue offer letters; process requisite employment documents
- Maximize positive employee relations by building successful relationships with employees and partnerships with managers; manage employee relations issues and conducts fair and thorough investigations
- Implement and manage the interactive process for accommodations
- Counsel managers on employee performance issues and respond to employee needs
- Process employment-related transactions including promotions, demotions, reclassifications, etc.; maintain personnel files both manually and via HRIS
- Implement and attend monthly orientation program
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations including required reporting
- Consults with employees and managers by providing feedback, recommendations and information to ensure consistent interpretation of HHSI policies and procedures and federal and state legislation
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures
- Prepare for and participate in regulatory audits; conducts periodic internal audits as needed
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- BA or BS in Human Resources, Business, or a related field, with 5 Years in a professional business environment performing Human Resources functions as described above
- Or Master’ s degree in Business or Human Resources, with 4 years in a professional business environment performing Human Resources functions as described above
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills both in person and on the telephone
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Experience identifying and managing employee relations issues
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Proven ability to influence, negotiate and build partnerships with all levels of management
- Intermediate knowledge of the following Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Understanding and ability to fully utilize HRIS systems including recruitment (ATS), personnel (HRMS), and training applications PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish, English/Vietnamese, English/Brazilian Portuguese preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship