Healthcare Data Analyst
Needham, MA 02494
We have an exciting opportunity in Needham, MA for a Healthcare Data Analyst at a leading healthcare organization. This contract-to-hire role is great for anyone with a bachelor’ s degree in Engineering or Computer Science who also has one to three years of work experience. If this sounds like you, we’ d love to chat – apply today!
Responsibilities for the Healthcare Data Analyst:
- Extract, analyze and interpret health care data utilizing software (e.g. SQL Server Management Studio)
- Perform analysis to assess effectiveness of initiatives and new products
- Utilize analytical automation (e.g. scripting, macros) to produce timely and accurate ad hoc monthly and/or quarterly reporting to business owners
- Gather business requirements from business owners and clinical leaders, build data visualizations and create reports (e.g. Tableau)
- Serve as subject matter expert on two or more data and business areas
- Perform effective quality control review of all reports
- Document data sources, processes and findings for end users
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related
- 1-3 years of related work experience in healthcare data analysis role
- Proficiency in SQL Server Management Studio / SQL
- Experience with a data visualization solution
- Proficiency in automated analytics (e.g. scripting, macros), using Excel
- Understanding of administrative claims data and experience with EHRs and clinical data
- Experience with Tableau strongly preferred
- Consulting experience or experience in a service-based role
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations for solving problems
- Ability to summarize and communicate in English
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.