Help Desk/Patient Gateway Specialist
Somerville, MA 02145
A leading healthcare organization in Somerville, MA is seeking a Help Desk/Patient Gateway Specialist to join their team. In this contract role, you will be responsible for responding to inquiries from patients and authorized family members regarding Patient Gateway using online tools. You will also be handling patient inquiries regarding routine technical support including enrollment, logging in, product features and technical problems. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Help Desk/Patient Gateway Specialist:
- Contribute to a positive experience for patients and families through professional, efficient and effective telephone and online interactions
- Respect patient confidentiality at all times, observing federal and local regulatory guidelines
- Answer and record calls using Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices
- Process user-generated self-service tickets using ITIL best practices
- Resolve issues utilizing available resources and documentation
- Utilize various communication methods including telephone, email and instant messaging
- Prioritize work based upon guidance provided by Patient Gateway Services Team Lead
- Escalate issues that cannot be resolved in a timely manner
- Participate on project teams including but not limited to Service Desk improvements, customer communication, peer-to-peer communication, and deployment of new technology
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled meetings with coworkers
Requirements for the Help Desk/Patient Gateway Specialist:
- 1-year experience in customer service field required; customer or patient services role with phone experience preferred
- Experience with computers, web browser software, and the Internet
- Prior healthcare experience preferred
- Knowledge of mobile devices including smartphones and tablets
- Familiarity with customer services applications (e.g., ServiceNow, Service Manager) and IT Service Management a plus
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.