Human Resources Generalist
Boston, MA 02110
Our client in Boston, MA is seeking a Human Resources Generalist with four to six years of experience to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will report directly to the VP of Human Resources and provide skilled generalist support for all areas of human resources. This position directly manages the company’ s benefits program, and HR/Payroll process with a strong support and focus on compliance, record-keeping and other employment related requirements. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Human Resources Generalist:
- Coordinate and respond to all unemployment claims
- Manage, coordinate and track all workers’ comp accidents/injuries (forms, reports, invoices)
- Liaison with all benefits, workers comp, unemployment and other HR related vendors
- Complete all reporting relative to state and federal law
- Work closely with VP to manage the preparation of the annual summer camp process
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and time-off data
- Ensure the maintenance of all personnel records is in legal compliance at all times
- Manage all benefit administration for staff including
- Process status changes and benefit plan enrollments/changes
- Manage and administer all employee request and approvals for leave of absence
- Facilitate new hire benefits meetings to ensure employee understand all benefit programs
- Reconcile monthly invoices for all benefit-related programs in accordance with payroll reports
- Manage and administer annual Open Enrollment for all insurance benefits
- Coordinate receipt and approval for all HR/Payroll related forms and paperwork
- Complete and respond to employee and salary/wage verification and other confidential requests
- Manage and process all background checks (CORI, SORI, and National)
- Manage and administer the HR recruiting and onboarding software
- Manage onboarding process for all new employees
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience
- 4-6 years of Human Resources experience
- Knowledge of standard HR concepts, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), data management, and web competency
- HRIS experience highly preferred
- Strong independent judgment skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative
- Must have strong customer service skills and be teamwork oriented
- Ability to apply common sense to everyday tasks, review of own work for accuracy and completeness, and attention to detail
- Ability to practice discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.