Human Resources Manager
Boston, MA 02118
Do you have three to five years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist and looking for your next career move? Our client in the seafood industry is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join their team in Boston, MA. In this role, you will be responsible for the administration and coordination of all policies and programs pertaining to recruitment, employment, wage and salary administration, benefits and workers compensation administration, and employee relations. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Human Resources Generalist:
- Create and update job descriptions for all positions and post positions internally and externally through the use of websites, recruitment agencies, etc.
- Conduct initial applicant phone screenings and complete reference checks on potential candidates
- Administer new employee orientations and process all new hire paperwork in a timely manner
- Process hourly employees’ payroll on a weekly basis
- Assist with the processing of salary employees’ payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Input and update employee records in HRIS system including accumulations, deductions, and allocations
- Verify all employees are paid appropriately for all vacation, sick, holiday, etc. pay.
- Act as a resource for all employee relations issues, and provide support to managers and employees in the resolution of these issues
- Work with management to administer performance evaluations
- Coordinate all company events deemed to fall within the scope of Human Resources
- Manage all employees’ health, dental and life insurance plans including new hire enrollments
- Assist in the maintenance and the administration of the Company’ s 401(k) plan including new enrollments, changes, direct rollovers, loans, etc.
- Maintain all employment and personnel files are kept in compliance with state and federal guidelines
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Development or related field
- 3-5 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist or equivalent, including experience with employee relations, talent acquisition and compensation related standard practices and data analysis
- Experience in the seafood or similar industry preferred
- Broad knowledge of state and federal guidelines governing personnel practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the Company
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the organization
- In depth knowledge of HRIS/Payroll system, ADP a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Competitive benefits package
- 401K with match program
- Flex Spending
- On-site gym