IP Litigation Assistant
Boston, MA 02110
A leading law firm in Boston, MA is seeking an IP Litigation Assistant to join their team. You will assist attorney(s) with duties including but not limited to transcription, typing, filing and data entry. You will also provide calendar management support for assigned attorneys and may consistently interact with clients via the phone or in person. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the IP Litigation Assistant:
- Prepare legal documents, correspondence, memos, letters and reports
- Assist with drafting and preparing documents such as petitions, motions and interrogatories
- Assume accountability for all incoming and outgoing calls; answers phone, deals with routine inquires for both internal and external contacts
- Maintain attorney(s) calendar and contact lists as requested
- Coordinate all business related travel arrangements for direct report attorneys
- Maintain familiarity with legal terminology, state and federal court filing rules, basic legal procedure and law firm document protocol
- Ensure a high level of service when interacting with clients, opposing counsel and other related internal and external contacts
- Maintain discretion and sound judgment when interacting with others both external and internal to the Firm
- Operate standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, calculators, and uses required software applications to effectively perform job duties
- High School Diploma, college degree preferred
- 3-4 years of administrative or secretarial experience in a fast paced organization, preferably a professional services setting
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, Internet, presentation and time and billing software
- Professional experience with Carpe Diem, Elite, Outlook, MS Word
- Typing speed of 70 WPM or more with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to balance customer service while delivering high results and productivity
- Effective oral and writing communication skills with strong knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and legal terminology
- Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to handle complex, multiple tasks for several individuals with different work styles
- Openness to change pace quickly while maintaining strong organization and attention to detail
- Team player and the willingness to support others and take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.