Boston, MA 02110
Our client in Boston, MA is looking for an IP Paralegal to join their team. In this role, you will assist with the preparation of US and foreign documents for filing in respective patent offices, prepare follow-on prosecution documents, track and communicate deadlines, and much more. If you have a bachelor’ s degree and at least two years of experience as a paralegal in US and foreign intellectual property practice, apply today!
Compensation: up to $85K
Responsibilities for the IP Paralegal:
- Develop a standard workflow and prioritizes work tasks; becomes proficient in new processes
- Prepare supporting documents for attorneys
- US prosecution/follow on papers, including Responses to Missing Parts/Corrected Papers, Responses to Office Actions, Petitions, Issue Fees and related/other USPTO forms
- PCT follow on papers, including Responses to Invitations, PCT Powers of Attorney, Notification of Recording of Change, and other related PCT communications
- Prepare instructions to foreign associates for filing national patent applications in various foreign patent offices, and completes all formality requirements
- Review incoming correspondence, including paper and electronic mail, and take/facilitate necessary action
- Work with outside vendors to obtain formal drawings and legalization of documents
- Manage the docket of US and foreign applications to ensure all dates are accurate and outstanding deadlines are met timely
Requirements for the IP Paralegal:
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Two to three years’ experience as a paralegal in US and foreign intellectual property practice.
- Knowledge of procedural requirements for filing US and PCT patent applications with the USPTO and the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO).
- Hands-on electronic filing experience at the USPTO.
- Knowledge of foreign filing and national phase entry procedural requirements.
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Named a "Best Place to Work" in 2018
- Close to Boston's downtown and seaport districts
- Training and mentorship programs
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Insurance: Short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, travel and accident insurance
- Supplemental life and disability insurance plans
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan
- In-center and in-home back-up child care
- In-home adult/elder care
- Generous paid time off policies including 4 weeks of vacation per year
- Medical, family and parental leaves of absence
- After-hours support services
- Dry Cleaning services
- Discount programs
- On-site gym
- After hours dine-in service