A leading insurance company in Framingham, MA is seeking an Insurance Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will prepare insurance forms/documents (identification cards, certificates, endorsements, schedules, etc.) and process other insurance transactions to provide customer service and support efforts to acquire and retain profitable business. As the Insurance Assistant, you will also perform other related support duties as requested, such as answering phones, processing mail, assisting customers, scanning, photocopying, and insurance check processing. Apply today!
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements for the Insurance Assistant:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 1-2 years of customer service and/or administrative experience
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and software applications (such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required to help resolve routine problems, answer general questions, and know when to escalate more complex issues
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship