Somerville, MA 02145
A leading healthcare organization in Somerville, MA is seeking a Leave Coordinator to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will be responsible for the coordination and administration of the leave process which includes analytical, planning, reporting, technical, systems and project support. You will also help resolve concerns and issues from employees, managers, HR, and other customers and external parties. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Leave Coordinator:
- Respond to requests / inquiries from customers (prioritizing as appropriate) and execute on the key tasks and activities in accordance with defined procedures and guidelines
- Provide guidance in interpreting leave policies, federal and state leave laws, and leaves covered under a collective bargaining agreement for employees, managers and HR generalists
- Provide instruction to employees, department managers and HR generalists on appropriate procedure for leaves
- Work closely with occupational health staff on status of leaves
- Process leaves in PeopleSoft system
- Develop and send applicable letters to employees detailing the status of their leave application and leave implications (pay, benefits, return to work, etc.)
- Maintain accurate records of employees on leaves
- Act as timekeeper for employees on leave
- Instruct timekeepers on appropriate time reporting during leaves utilizing applicable policies
- Communicate with customers and provide timely follow-up to questions, concerns and issues
- Participate in various leave and benefit projects as assigned
- Provide analytical and production support for leave records
- Review administrative processes, recognize problems and establish documented corrective action
- Research individual employee issues and problems requiring leave interpretation; recognize system problems and propose solutions
- Local to the Boston area
- 2+ years of related leave administration, HR, or other benefit experience
- Bachelor’ s degree or relevant professional experience
- Experience in the healthcare industry and shared services/internal service delivery role preferred
- Proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint, and familiarity with ServiceNow for case / knowledge management
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.