Legal Administrative Assistant
Our client in Boston, MA is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant who has a strong administrative/customer service background preferably in a legal setting. In this contract role, you will be working directly with the Paralegal. If you have relevant experience, Apply today!
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8: 45am-5: 00pm
Responsibilities for the Legal Administrative Assistant:
- Enter data, scan, and track in Excel
- Assist in responding to subpoenas or public records requests regarding members
- Assist board attorneys and staff with preparation of internal & external hearings and related litigation
- Field and respond to inquiries directed to Legal Unit
- Prepare and update files
- Gather documentation and information from State and Federal court systems and law enforcement agencies
- Provide support associated with monthly board meeting agenda development, including drafting of related member correspondence and research
- Proofread, edit, and update written case summaries submitted by the Disability Unit
- Assist the legal staff with any follow up required to fully prepare disability cases for board review
- Communicate with retirement system members / their representatives, and employing agencies regarding submitted disability application
- Participate in preparation of member benefit requests, applications and supporting materials for review by the board
- Attend monthly board meetings
Requirements for the Legal Administrative Assistant:
- Related work in the fields of Massachusetts public employee benefits, worker’ s compensation or related benefits
- Demonstrate high-level of customer service skills and the ability to work competently in a high-volume setting
- Knowledge of relevant provisions of Chapter 32 of the General Laws of the Commonwealth and applicable regulations
- Excellent written, communication and organizational skills
- Experience working in office environment utilizing electronic document management system
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.