Our client in Roxbury, MA is seeking a Legal Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will answer incoming calls. The successful candidates will have legal experience and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with sensitive information. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Legal Assistant:
- Answer incoming calls and forward them to the appropriate parties
- File and scan documents via email
- Enter CORIs when needed
- Review docket information
- Bachelor’ s degree or paralegal experience a plus
- Legal background
- Experience using intermediate Excel and Microsoft Word via a desktop computer
- Analytical and writing ability
- Knowledge of criminal justice systems a plus
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.