Library Public Service Assistant
Boston, MA 02163
A prestigious university in Boston, MA is seeking a Library Public Service Assistant to join their team. This contract role will be on a part-time basis with a total of 14 hours/week. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Library Public Service Assistant:
- Monitor and document activity and status of transactions in a systematic manner
- Assist in communication with, and handoffs between, service providers, vendors and customers
- Handle invoice procedures
- Document and catalog datasets in online discovery tool and related newsletter, according to the terms of the license
- Manage data access requests
- Deposit library-purchased data into the Dataverse repository, including: manage, arrange, and load files; describe/create metadata for files and datasets
- Participate in gathering and reporting of metrics and activities of the Program; contribute to service assessment; document Program activities in general, including note taking at meetings
- Document and refine workflows and local procedures/practices
Requirements for the Library Public Service Assistant:
- High School diploma
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.