Maintenance Facilities Supervisor
Boston, MA 02210
A family-oriented company in Boston’ s Seaport District is seeking an experienced Maintenance Facilities Supervisor to join their team. This is a contract-to-hire position where you will be responsible for overseeing chassis mechanics/operation and reporting on any repairs/issues. The qualified candidate will have prior experience in a supervisory role with a proven ability to apply that experience in a professional manner in a Union environment.
Responsibilities for the Maintenance Facilities Supervisor:
- Take a “ hands-on approach” and stay active within the operation to be aware of current situations
- Communicate with customers to resolve issues and complaints in regards to all aspects of operation
- Ensure employees work according to the proper rules and regulations of safety
- Handle paperwork and billing
- Adhere to supervisors daily procedures
- Proven ability to prioritize job and multi task work
- Computer literacy including Microsoft office suite
- Have and maintain a valid Driver’ s license
- Successful candidates are required to pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing and criminal background check
- Working knowledge of FMCSA/ DOT regulations
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Benefits for Perm Employees:
- 16 paid holidays
- Snow days
- Healthcare benefits the day you start
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.