Cambridge, MA 02138
Our client in Cambridge, MA is looking for a Medical Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will be assisting nurses and providers in completing procedures per protocol. From ensuring equipment in exam rooms are working, to sterilizing instruments, you will aid in helping the hospital run smoothly. If you have a high school diploma and at least one year of medical assistant experience, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Medical Assistant:
- Ensure equipment in exam rooms is working each morning, e.g., otoscopes, blood pressure cuffs, etc.
- Maintain general appearance and cleanliness of examination rooms as well as keeping the rooms well stocked
- Sterilizes instruments and maintains diagnostic equipment in appropriate working order
- Prepare and replenish supplies
- Greet patients, determines their medical needs, and respond accordingly
- Prepare new patient charts and records basic statistical data
- Dispense or administer medications and injections as directed by the physician and under supervision of the physician
- Schedule patients for special procedures as directed or ordered by the physician
- Counsels patients on various health maintenance and health-related issues, as directed by the physician (i.e., cholesterol, diet changes, medication changes, inhalers, etc.)
- Maintain patient care logs to ensure that all laboratory tests (Pap smears, blood work, radiology, special procedures, etc.) scheduled have been completed
- Maintain computerized or manual patient appointment schedule
Requirements for the Medical Assistant:
- High school diploma
- At least one year of experience as a medical assistant
- Graduate of accredited secretarial training school preferred
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.