Medical Office Coordinator
Boston, MA 02215
Local Healthcare center seeking a contract Medical Office Coordinator in their Pediatric Clinic. S/he is responsible for providing support to physicians and staff in the Pediatrics front desk and medical office, initiating patient intake, and prescription responsibilities in a busy ambulatory setting.
The Medical Office Coordinator will also ensure efficient operations by providing excellent customer service to patients, family members, other staff members, and external parties and serves as the first line of contact for patients/families as they seek care and support within the Pediatric, Adolescent and Young Adult Section.
Position is a three month contract to start with hours being Monday-Friday 8: 30am – 5: 00pm, and sits onsite.
- Serves as the first line of contact for patients/families coming for visits and on the phone
- Arranges scheduling of appointments: e.g., new appointments, follow-up MD appointments, education visits, consultations, etc.
- Schedule all outside appointments, consultations and tests.
- Helps the smooth running of the pediatric program
- Patiently act as liaison between patient and health care providers and external patient related providers
- Accurately follow guidelines to triage all incoming calls taking independent action where possible.
- Accurately enter information into automated registration and scheduling system
- Efficiently schedule ancillary diagnostic and consultative appointments as requested.
- Perform other functions and duties to support the practice.
- Review faxes and process appropriately. Completing as much as you can before passing onto provider.
- Sort and process mail and patient letters.
- Complete all jobs in work tray.
- Answer all phones calls using name with professionalism, kindness, patience. Enter all information into Electronic Medical Record.
- Complete all letter requisitions before sending to provider.
- Pick up and process fax prescription requests multiple times
- Check daily coverage for absent providers
- Call in prescriptions following protocol, including hard copies to pharmacy
- Fax or mail hard copy to patient or mail order companies
- Associates degree in a related field or certificate from a business school or program or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a medical office/reception setting or other customer service-oriented position with interest in pediatrics.
- Experience with automated medical record and registration/scheduling systems preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Company requires proof of vaccination against covid-19 for all worksite employees