Our client in Worcester, MA is looking to hire a Medical Secretary. In this contract role, you will be answering incoming phone calls, taking clear messages, and managing several calendars. If you have previous experience in a Medical Secretary role and are familiar with Electronic Medical Record Systems such as MediTech, Epic, or AllScripts, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Medical Secretary:
- Answers all incoming telephone calls and routes to the appropriate person.
- Take clear messages for providers and other office staff
- Handle routine requests for information
- Ensure that all emergent messages are handled with priority per practice protocol
- Greet and directs patients
- Answer all questions in a courteous and helpful manner
- Maintain providers' schedules for accuracy
- Receive and distribute all mail per practice protocol
- Perform all other duties and tasks requested to ensure the efficient overall performance of the practice
Requirements for the Medical Secretary:
- Previous experience in a Medical Secretary role
- Familiarity with Electronic Medical Record Systems such as MediTech, Epic, or AllScripts etc.
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.