Concord, MA 01742
A healthcare organization in Concord, MA is seeking a Medical Secretary/Receptionist to join their team. In this contract role, you will be responsible for greeting, instructing, directing, and scheduling patients and visitors. The successful candidate will serve as a liaison between patients and medical support staff. Apply today!
Hours: Schedule: Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri 9-5, Wednesdays 9-6
Responsibilities for the Medical Secretary/Receptionist:
- Open and close telephone service per established procedures
- Answer the telephone, screen and triage calls appropriately
- Call patients to confirm appointments and to reschedule all cancellations
- Provide new patients with patient registration forms
- Monitor patient flow and waiting room activity
- Distribute mail and process office correspondence
- Monitor various patient exit functions such as the verifying insurance information, completing patient encounter forms, and collecting co-payments
- Schedule follow-up appointments, tests, and procedures
- Process referrals for patients upon checking out
- Medical practice experience
- Ability to handle high volume calls
- Experience in EPIC or Centricity
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.