Medical data Entry Clerk
A reputable Non-Profit in Worcester, MA is seeking a Medical Data Entry Clerk who is proficient in data entry who also has a medical office background. The ideal candidate must have strong email and phone skills to close out patient insurance verification, doctor referrals and other associated documentation. This contract role has the potential to become permanent. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Medical Data Entry Clerk:
- Authorize all initial and ongoing of services as required by payers in order to ensure payment for services
- Obtain authorization for home care services from select payers online, by telephone or fax per insurance company requirements
- Maintain accurate filing systems and utilize Microsoft applications to organize and store documents
- Act as liaison between the clinicians and the Utilization Review/Medical Management departments at insurance companies; Inform clinicians and clinical managers of criteria required by each payer to secure reimbursement
- Provide information to clinical managers and staff regarding the managed care admission process.
- Use reports to identify new referrals, pending authorizations, expiring authorizations and over utilization
- Use clinical notes, telephones or emails communication with clinicians, requests authorization by fax, phone or online including clinical update, plan of care, type of service, frequency and duration
- Develop and maintain relationships with Utilization Review Nurses, Medical Management departments at insurance companies and clinical staff
- Work with Patient Accounts department to resolve claims issues related to authorizations
- Request retroactive authorizations; works with manager on appeals as needed
- Assist with training of new staff, formatting documents and streamlining office procedures, and writing Authorization Guidelines
- Uphold the compliance objectives and policies and procedures of the Foundation and Subsidiaries
Requirements for the Medical Data Entry Clerk:
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.