Boston, MA 02115
A leading university in Boston, MA is seeking an Office Administrator to join their division of External Affairs, which includes the areas of Marketing, Communications, and Government Relations. In this contract role, you will play a critical role in managing the day-to-day operations of the division. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Office Administrator:
- Welcome all guests and visitors, providing hospitality, and connecting guests and visitors to staff and resources
- Answer the division’ s main telephone line and routing calls, as appropriate
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, including distribution to staff
- Manage conference room bookings
- Ensure the division’ s shared spaces are clean and welcoming, including: the lobby, kitchen, conference rooms, and public corridors as well as solving any facilities or equipment issues
- Manage the division’ s storage closets, including office and kitchen supply inventories and distribution
- Update office documents, and maintaining and archiving electronic filing of reports
- Assist with department-related activities, such as campus deliveries, filing, and maintaining department records/documents
- Support the Director of Finance as needed
- Associate degree and a minimum of 1-2 years of administrative experience
- Bachelor’ s degree and experience working in higher education or hospitality preferred
- General knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Offices, Word and Excel
- A knack for delivering quality and timely customer service with a caring disposition
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong organizational acumen and keen attention to detail
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.