Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Cambridge, MA 02139
Our client in Cambridge, MA is seeking an Office Manager/Administrative Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office and being the go-to person for office management. You will also be responsible for confidential/time-sensitive material and shall be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Office Manager/Administrative Assistant:
- Cover the reception desk when required and greet visitors as the first point of contact for the office
- Answer phone calls and pick up incoming mail and parcels
- Purchase and maintain inventory for kitchen (coffee, water, etc.)
- Coordinate with building management and vendors on facilities and maintenance issues
- Reconcile expense reports from all members of the company
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning upon request
- Organize travel arrangements for President and four Vice Presidents
- Book conference calls, meeting rooms, couriers, catering etc. if needed
- Help with on-boarding tasks for new employees
- Complete I-9, create new badge in the office badge system, etc.
- Proven admin/assistant experience (ability to create various templates such as expense reports, PTO records, etc.)
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Strong organizational and planning skills and proficient in MS Office
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Experience in a start-up or small company preferred, Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Ability to be pro-active in suggesting improvements or new ideas for positive and successful environment
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.