Operations Analyst – Entry Level Finance Role
Boston, MA 02109
A leading financial services firm in Boston, MA is seeking an Operations Analyst to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will be responsible for obtaining accurate descriptive security information for all assets held by the firm and for providing timely and accurate security master set-ups for internal clients. The successful candidate will be adept at utilizing various data vendors, financial publications, and other resources to obtain the necessary security information. Apply today!
Pay rate: $14/hr + overtime temp, $45K-50K perm
Responsibilities for the Operations Analyst:
- Verify/amend established security master files on the Custody and OMEGA systems
- Manage daily volume
- Verify valid market identifiers to be set up on the SMF and research critical security data across vendors
- Update and maintain four SMF databases
- Ensure accuracy of all information added to and edited on all SMF systems
- Ensure Custody, Omega, Eagle and PAS databases match vendor information
- Review pending queues to process requests not automatically routed
- Complete all quality control work and requests in a timely manner
- Remain up to date on all new and existing workflow procedures
- Research conflicting information with multiple data vendors and challenge this data when necessary
- Work with internal clients in order to act as a liaison on security information related inquiries and issues
- Escalate problem items
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated PC skills Ability to identify, escalate, and resolve problems
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently and meet deadlines
- Motivated, detail-oriented, organized, proactive
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, team environment
- Experience with the following vendors/depositories is a plus: Bloomberg, IDC, DTC, Euroclear Experience with Microsoft Office preferred
- Some work on US holidays may be required
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.