Boston, MA 02215
A leading medical center in Boston, MA is seeking a Patient Service Representative (PSR) Practice Rep to join their team. In this contract role, you will serve as a primary point of contact for patients and visitors in an outpatient unit. You will report to the manager with input from assigned physicians, nurses and other health care providers. The ideal candidate has excellent customer service skills. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the PSR Practice Representative:
- Communicate with and assist patients, other employees and the general public in a courteous, helpful manner by phone and in person
- Provide accurate information, directions and/or guidance and follow up promptly
- Process complete and accurate information from patients/callers to prioritize and facilitate communication of information to providers
- Prepare schedules, medical records and other documents in accordance with quality standards and maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Perform check in, registration, and verification of demographic and fiscal information according to medical center policies/procedures while utilizing hospital computer systems
- Confirm prior authorizations, referrals and pre-certifications for patient's insurance/managed care plan and collect required co-payments
- Facilitate timely flow and proactively solve flow issues (i.e., early or late patient, late provider, etc.)
- Act as liaison between patient and practice staff to ensure optimal flow and service delivery
- Process patient check out, schedule follow-up appointments and related diagnostic and/or lab tests
- Provide patient with any relevant educational materials as indicated
Requirements for the PSR Practice Representative:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.