Part-Time Administrative Assistant (UX)
Boston, MA 02163
A leading university in Boston, MA is seeking a Part-Time Administrative Assistant. This is a great opportunity for someone who is seeking a user experience internship position. In this contract role, you will facilitate user experience tests, develop recommendations, and work with key members of our community. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Part-Time Administrative Assistant:
- Work closely with the user experience (UX) team, product management, engineering, and across the organization, to advocate for user experience
- Help ensure usability and accessibility and improve user experience across digital offerings
- Design and lead user experience research studies to identify actionable insights
- Analyze, report and present user experience research findings to cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with colleagues to hone and iterate on your ideas
- Scope user experience research projects and develop clear/detailed UX research plans/proposals that outline the UX research goals, hypotheses, participant characteristics and methods
- Conduct usability and accessibility research with our users and customers, and also non-users and potential users
- Perform and document qualitative and quantitative user experience research methods
- Communicate user experience research insights to cross-functional teams in creative ways to increase customer centricity
Requirements for the Part-Time Admin Assistant:
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD degree in cognitive psychology, information science, statistics, public health, data science, or a related field
- Experience conducting user research
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different user experience research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Relevant internship work, work experience, or project experience in an applied research setting including, but not limited to, integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Knowledge of statistics and key principles of experiment design preferred
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.