Part-Time Circulation Desk Aide
Boston, MA 02163
Our prominent higher education client in Boston, MA is looking for a Part-Time Circulation Desk Aide to join their team! In this contract role, you will contribute toward the dail public services operations of the library through a variety of specialized tasks. This role is a year-round position in which you will work a total of 14 hours per week. If you have library/customer service experience, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Part-Time Circulation Desk Aide:
- Assist users
- Answer questions
- Ensure the safety and security of collections
- Provide reference services for remote researchers by answering basic questions as assigned by staff
- Locate, retrieve and re-shelve collection materials from secure stacks
- Process collection duplication requests
- Support public services team projects
- Perform routine clerical tasks and other duties as assigned
- May assist with stacks management projects, including barcoding, shelf reads, and inventories on a limited basis
Requirements for the Apart-Time Circulation Desk Aide:
- Library/customer service experience
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.