Part-Time Library Archive Asst.
Boston, MA 02163
A leading university in Boston, MA is seeking a Part-Time Library Archive Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, will provide support for the core functions of accessioning and processing for the library. You will also be responsible for locating, retrieving and re-shelving materials, performing routine clerical tasks and staff the reference or check out desks. The ideal candidate has library and or customer service experience. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Part-Time Library Archive Assistant:
- Create preliminary inventories and container lists of new and existing collections in accordance with archival best practices and local policy
- Create basic accession and resource records in ArchivesSpace, the library’ s archival management system
- Perform basic preservation measures where necessary, including re-foldering and rehousing of materials in a variety of formats
- Assist with the arrangement and description of unprocessed collections and preparing collections for public access
- Process small faculty and manuscript collections as time permits
Requirements for the Part-Time Library Archive Assistant:
- BA/BS or equivalent, MLS/MLIS candidate from an ALA-accredited institution desired
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in archives
- Previous special collections library experience, preferred
- Basic knowledge of archival theory and practice, including relevant standards such as DACS and EAD
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, with an aptitude for learning systems
- Must be able to regularly lift 40 lbs
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.