Patient Accounts Representative
Boston, MA 0210902111
A healthcare organization in Needham, MA is seeking a Patient Accounts Representative to join their team. In this contract role, you will report to the Senior Billing Manager/or Patient Account Manager while following up on outstanding patient invoices, interacting with insurance companies on appeal of inappropriately denied/or paid services, and responding to patient inquiries (both written and verbal) regarding their bills. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Patient Accounts Representative:
- Manage accounts receivable process and follow up in the Billing System (Epic), including daily screening and correcting of claims for accuracy
- Review, correct and complete edit queues weekly for the insurance (s) assigned
- Follow-up on pending claims, this includes following up with the insurance company, document the findings and gather and send the necessary documentation to process the claims
- Gather information necessary to process appeals accurately
- Make and handle customer service calls and demonstrate excellent customer service skills, listening, problem solving, professionalism, etc.
- Manage, follow up and resolve credit balances and adjustments within assigned accounts receivable
- Handle confidential information with accordance with HIPPA standards
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience in a healthcare environment preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Once fully trained have a complete understanding of the entire appeals process from start to finish
- Strong Interpersonal skills, service orientation and team work
- Knowledge of Physician third party billing and collections preferred
- Thorough knowledge of third party reimbursements preferred
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.