Patient Accounts Representative
Somerville, MA 02145
Our prominent healthcare client in Somerville, MA is looking for a Patient Accounts Representative to join their team. In this contract role, you will contribute to a positive hospital experience through courteous phone interactions, interview activities, and expeditious routing. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Patient Accounts Representative:
- Carefully perform system searches for all patients
- Update medical record numbers when appropriate and coordinates the resolution of duplicate medical record numbers
- Accurately and comprehensively collects and verifies demographic and financial information from patients and/or their representatives in a sensitive and timely manner
- Verify patient insurance coverage with Third Party Payers and determines eligibility by utilizing appropriate resources
- Provide process improvement ideas, suggestions and feedback in a positive manner
- Work collaboratively with co-workers to effectively resolve issues that impact departmental or hospital operations
- Adhere to Patient Service Center productivity and quality standards
Requirements for the Patient Accounts Representative:
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.