Patient Services Coordinator
Somerville, MA 02145
A healthcare organization in Somerville, MA is seeking a Patient Services Coordinator to join their team on a contract basis. Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Patient Services Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the timely, accurate processing of patient accounts. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Patient Services Coordinator:
- Verify and/or collect demographic and financial information on all scheduled visits
- Contact insurance companies, manage care plans and outside agencies to verify insurance coverage and benefits
- Compile and submit clinical information required to obtain pre-admission approvals pre-certification
- Contact patients to advise them of their financial responsibility
- Make arrangements to collect co-pays and deposits
- Advise uninsured and under-insured patients regarding available programs
- Coordinate all aspects of the complex financial issues associated with uninsured, under-insured and out of country patients
- Review and follow-up on all emergency and un-screened admissions as soon as possible
- Monitor and update all unverified and self-pay accounts on a regular basis
- Notify the Board of Public Health regarding all premature births
- Maintain patient confidentiality and privacy by accessing patient information
- Employ discretion when leaving answering machine messages, or sending faxes
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent preferred; high school diploma
- Proven experience in like setting is acceptable in lieu of educational requirements
- 1-2 years’ experience in hospital billing and reimbursement
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.