Patient Services Coordinator
Somerville , MA
Our client in Somerville, MA is looking for a Patient Service Coordinator to join their team. In this contract role, you will be responsible for working with a primary care practice to ensure that required referrals are obtained and properly recorded. If you have a high school diploma and patient access services experience, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Patient Services Coordinator:
- Primarily manage working collaboratively to obtain referrals for specialty services
- Document and track the number of referrals that are deferred, generated and obtained
- Verify and update patient registration information, including insurance, demographic and patient data needed to perform referral management functions
- Interface with patients will be necessary when information required to obtain an insurance referral cannot be completed
- Communicate benefit plan information to patients when necessary and following-up with insurance companies and/or patients to ensure information has been updated with payers
- Work with all Support Staff and leadership to prioritize and facilitate referral processes to maintain integrity of service standards
- Develop a clear understanding of the various payor referral and authorization process and requirements
- Serve as a resource to providers, support staff and patients regarding the referral and authorization process; researches questions thoroughly and assists with interpretation of health plan guidelines.
- Receive inquiries from customers, investigates and disseminates information to requestor and wider audiences as appropriate.
- Work with EPIC work queues to review billing rejections and resolve insurance issues to maximize reimbursement
- Identify need for escalation of issues or problems to appropriate supervisor or manager
Requirements for the Patient Services Coordinator:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least three years of patient access service experience
- Call center environment experience
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.