Cambridge, MA 02142
A hot tech company in Cambridge, MA is seeking a Payroll Analyst to join their Payroll Department team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will support the processing of bi-weekly payroll for US employees, as well as monthly payrolls for our non-US employees. This position pays up to $35/hr - apply today!
Responsibilities for the Payroll Analyst:
- Initiate and audit data connection between ADP and Oracle for employee data transfer; troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies and other payroll issues
- Calculate new hire, termination, and situational adjustments to pay
- Process equity transactions and imputed income transactions according to all applicable policies and regulations
- Research complex payroll and taxation questions and apply solutions to ensure proper treatment within payroll application for employee and governmental reporting
- Perform pre- and post- transmission audit functions to assure proper documentation, data entry, and compliance with all SOX controls
- Analyze control reports to determine appropriate corrective action to take when errors are discovered
- Provide excellent customer service to support employees, manager and other stakeholders in resolving payroll inquires
- Monitor and manage workflow to assure adherence to deadlines and completion of checklists in a fast-paced environment
- Reconcile all payroll related accounts, including tax withholdings, ESPP withholdings, 401(K) withholding, accrued payroll, and other accrued compensation
- Prepare, review and distribute post payroll reports as requested or required based on business and regulatory requirements
- Conduct New Hire Orientation to communicate payroll information
- Follow documented processes and checklists to avoid errors and maintain process documentation on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance
- Communicate timely and completely regarding risks and questions around deliverables
- College degree preferred
- Work experience in a payroll and finance environment may be substituted
- 3-5 years' experience with ADP PayForce/Vantage in a multi-state high volume environment required
- ADP Connections, ADP Reporting and/or ADP GL experience preferred
- Oracle experience desirable
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidential data and work well in a fast paced environment
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and report writers
- Effective communication skills for a global environment
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions utilizing all available information
- ADP PayForce Payroll, multistate payroll, shared services environment, MS Office skills need to be tested in MS Word and Excel
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.