Our client in Southborough, MA is looking for a Payroll Clerk to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will be responsible for overseeing and participating in the timely and accurate recording and processing of all payroll information. If you have at least one year of payroll experience and a knowledge of payroll tax requirements, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Payroll Clerk:
- Compute earnings from caseload summary and attendance sheets and inputs accurate payroll data into computer system.
- Prepare various payroll and benefit information as required
- Prepare input for each payroll including salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations and employee deductions
- Research and answer payroll inquiries
- Collaborate with payroll service in order to assure accurate processing and reports
Requirements for the Payroll Clerk:
- Minimum of one year of payroll experience with automated system preferred
- Knowledge of all payroll tax requirements and computer base payroll services
- High school graduate or GED with graduate courses in business or accounting preferred
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.