Payroll Coordinator - $30/hr
A top financial services company in Boston’ s Back Bay is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to join their team. This contract role is a great opportunity for anyone with working knowledge of payroll processing, tax principles, wage and hours legislation, including year-end T4 processing. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Payroll Coordinator:
- Calculate and process transactions included in the gross to net payroll, regular pay, incentive payments, one-time payments, etc.
- Work on voluntary deductions, garnishments, employee tax set-up, elect to work payroll processing, etc.
- Support payroll processing while providing functional expertise to support the payroll operations team
- Perform trouble shooting and intermediate analysis and research related to payroll processing and recommend corrective actions
- Reconcile the inputs and outputs of the payroll processing working with internal partners Tier 1B Escalation
- Research, resolve and respond to escalated Tier 1B payroll inquiries through closing of cases Payroll Compliance Reporting
- Responsible for tax reporting and quarter and year-end payroll activities
- Review and audit reports for processing errors, train and educate staff as needed
- Ensure that payroll processing is in compliance with federal, provincial and state laws
- Identify and escalate non-compliance with all applicable tax regulations and company policies
- Verify payroll data for reasonableness and compliance with applicable regulatory reporting
- Working knowledge of payroll processing, tax principles, wage and hours legislation, including year-end T4 processing
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking, organization and time management skills
- Ability to follow complex oral and written direction and excellent problem solving skills
- US Payroll experience needed
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.