Payroll Coordinator - Up to $29.50/hr
Waltham, MA 02451
A top financial services company in Boston, MA is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to join their team. This contract-to-hire role is a great opportunity for anyone with working knowledge of payroll processing, tax principles, wage and hours legislation, including year-end T4 processing. Apply today!
Compensation: Up to $29.50/hr
Responsibilities for the Payroll Coordinator:
- Calculate and process transactions included in the gross to net payroll including regular pay, incentive payments, etc.
- Work on voluntary deductions and garnishments, employee tax set-up, and elect to Work payroll processing
- Create annual timesheet and calendar
- Process semi-monthly timesheet that supports payroll processing
- Provide functional expertise to support the payroll operations
- Perform trouble shooting, intermediate analysis, and research related to payroll processing and recommend corrective actions
- Reconcile the inputs & outputs of the payroll processing working with internal partners Tier 1B Escalation
- Research, resolve and respond to escalated Tier 1B payroll inquiries through closing of cases payroll compliance reporting
- Responsible for tax reporting, quarter and year-end payroll activities including the production of federal, provincial and state tax forms & annual returns payroll governance and controls
- Review and audit reports for processing errors, train & educate staff
- Ensure that payroll processing is in compliance with federal, provincial and state laws
- Identify and escalate non-compliance with all applicable tax regulations and company policies
- Verify payroll data for reasonableness and compliance with applicable regulatory reporting
Requirements for the Payroll Coordinator:
- Certification or in progress
- Working knowledge of payroll processing, tax principles, wage & hours legislation, including year-end T4 processing
- US Payroll experience needed
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.