Malden, MA 02148
We have an exciting opportunity with a healthcare organization in Malden, MA as a Payroll Manager. In this contract role, you will manage, motivate, and set standards for accountability for all payroll staff members including the management of bank interface systems, reconciliations, the analysis, preparation, and reporting to staff, department managers, and all external agencies. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, prioritize important tasks and oversee accurate execution of multiple labor contracts, demonstrate strong managerial skills and have the ability to delegate responsibilities, then apply today!
Hourly Pay Rate: $35.00-$40.00 per hour + overtime
Responsibilities for the Payroll Manager:
- Manage the employee time submission system including timeliness, efficiency, proper controls, and full automation
- Manage the payroll checks, taxes and benefits disbursement systems including payroll software systems enhancements, coordination with HR activities, bank interface, reconciliations and proper controls
- Maintain complete and accurate records and files to support all payroll, tax and benefits disbursements
- Manage payroll operations and staff to ensure adequate staffing levels, timeliness of task completions, adequacy of controls, and data quality
- Manage the timely and accurate uploads of benefits specific to the appropriate labor contract
- Manage timely corrections, if necessary, of Time and Attendance system errors prior to locking and calculating the payroll (s)
- Responsible for timely submission of all internal and external audit requests
- Responsible for procedural documentation and periodic updates
- Responsible for coaching, training, and performance reviews for payroll staff
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field with strong accounting, analytical, communication, computer and software skills
- 5 years' experience in Payroll operations at a senior level in a large, diverse organization
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing, preparing and reporting expense accruals and performance to staff and managers
- Working knowledge of accounting, general ledgers, EOCs, and strong systems experience in automating time sheet and payroll activities
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.