Payroll Specialist - Up to $27/hr
East Falmouth, MA
Our client in Falmouth, MA is seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist to join their team. In this contract-to-hire role, you will be responsible for a variety of highly sensitive and confidential accounting duties including review of newly onboarded employees and contractors, bi-weekly payroll processing, and more. If you have four-plus years of payroll experience, apply today!
Compensation: Up to $27/hr
Responsibilities for the Payroll Specialist:
- Maintain accurate and complete employee and employer payroll records in the payroll and accounting systems
- Collaborate with operations time reporting to ensure accuracy and implement best practices
- Review the approved hours as submitted by operations, escalate anomalies for validation, and process adjustments
- Perform benefits administration to include vendor change reporting, reviewing invoices for payment
- Process and post bi-weekly payroll, 401(k) deferrals, workers compensation, and other payroll related outlays
- Manage year-end employee W-2, Consultant Form 1099, and employer ACA reporting
- Prepare and disseminate monthly staff time analysis reports
- Scan, file, and maintain accounting records
- Process monthly accrual journal entries related to payroll and benefits
- Reconcile monthly and prepare auditor requested reconciliations and provide supporting documents for year-end financial audit
- Participate in special projects and initiatives and provide general support
Requirements for the Payroll Specialist:
- 4-year bachelor’ s degree in accountancy or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of payroll experience
- Proficient in financial accounting, with strong knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting practices and procedures
- Ability to quickly assess issues and relevant information to make effective decisions
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction, as well as be resourceful and independent in solving problems
- Experience in handling sensitive/confidential information
- Experience using Paychex, ADP or similar
- Experience using QuickBooks Online
- Experience with time and attendance clocks and hourly and seasonal employees
- Fluency in Spanish a plus but not required.
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.