Cambridge, MA 02138
Our client in Cambridge, MA is looking for a Phlebotomist to join their team. In this contract role, you will be collecting blood specimens from patients, interfacing with laboratory sections, and registering outpatients. Apply today if you have previous medical experience!
Responsibilities for the Phlebotomist:
- Collect blood specimens from adult and pediatric patients using venipuncture and capillary techniques, and following standard or prescribed methods and procedures
- Interface with the Laboratory sections in the timely expedition of specimen procurement and assures proper labeling and transport of the specimens
- Perform associated clerical duties such as data entry on both the hospital and Laboratory computers
- Maintain blood-drawing area(s) in a clean and safe condition according to hospital and department policies and procedures
- Rotates weekends and holidays as needed or assigned
- Register outpatients into the Meditech computer, with the correct insurance, demographic, and physician office data included
- Request correct tests ordered by physician and outreach offices and appropriately labels specimens. Properly matches computer labels to correct handwritten labels.
- Deliver all specimens to their appropriate Laboratory areas, with emphasis on the timely delivery of Stat specimens and tests requiring specialized attention
Requirements for the Phlebotomist:
- Previous medical experience
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.