Duxbury, MA 02332
Our client in Duxbury, MA is seeking a Practice Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will report to either the Practice Manager or Ambulatory Practice Coordinator with input from assigned physician, nurses or other health care providers. You will be responsible for delivering the highest quality service to patients while contributing to the smooth functioning of practice operations. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Practice Assistant:
- Greet patients and visitors in a manner that demonstrates courtesy, service, respect and privacy
- Serve as a central communication source in the delivery of patient care by being responsive, accessible and visible
- Provide accurate information, directions and/or guidance and follows up promptly to ensure that needs have been met
- Perform check in, registration, scheduling, verification of demographic information and fiscal data utilizing a computer system
- Collect co-payments following standards for managing copayment processing
- Schedule, reschedule and cancel appointments making every effort to accommodate patient and provider needs
- Obtain and enter referrals
- Monitor and support patients and visitors entering and leaving the practice
- Facilitate timely flow and proactively solves flow issues (i.e., early or late patient, late provider, etc.)
- Act as liaison between patient and practice staff to ensure optimal flow and service delivery
- High School diploma or GED
- 0-1 years of related work experience
- Experience with computer systems, including web-based applications and some Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access)
- One-year experience in a healthcare or service/hospitality environment preferred
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.