Needham, MA 02492
A leading medical center in Needham, MA is seeking a Practice Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will provide administrative support and medical assistant support to the outpatient clinics. You will be responsible for delivering the highest quality service to patients while contributing to the smooth functioning of practice operations. Apply today!
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities for the Practice Assistant:
- Assist in maintaining an organized, clean and professional physical environment in the clinic
- Act as a liaison between patients, referring physicians, other hospital services, external customers and the physicians
- Assist with the patient preparation for patient’ s office visit
- Ensure the highest quality care for patients seen in the outpatient clinics, by supporting the physicians and by supporting the operational needs of the department
- High School Diploma
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multi-tasks
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and strict confidentiality
- Understanding of medical terminology and ability to handle, in a professional manner, a heavy and diverse work load in an active healthcare environment
- Computer skills required. (ie Outlook/Meditech, Caretracker, etc.)
- 1 year of Medical Assisting as well as one year of medical clerical support preferred
- Medical assisting certification preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship