Procurement Manager - Up to $45/hr
Burlington, MA 01803
Our client in Burlington, MA is seeking a Procurement Manager to join their team. In this contract role, you will be supporting the creation of and implementing the company's procurement and buying strategy across electronics, hardware, software, and services, as well as, leading sourcing engagement and vendor negotiations on opportunities across the organization. If you have five-plus years of experience, apply today!
Compensation: Up to $45/hr
Responsibilities for the Procurement Manager:
- Select vendors and lead major negotiations to procure technology categories
- Drive and demonstrate P&L savings across spend categories, communicating results to executive leadership team
- Conduct analysis of spending patterns for TCO savings opportunities across all categories
- Develop preferred vendor portfolio, monitor internal compliance to preferred vendor usage, and develop/enforce standard required terms and conditions
- Review specifications, analyze market, and select potential suppliers, lead the RFQ/RFP process, analyze prices/quality expectations/delivery dates/terms, negotiate prices and terms, and award and communicate orders to suppliers
- Work in conjunction with cross-functional teams, Trade Associations, and Advisory Service Organizations to select suppliers for new products and optimize supplier base
- Contract administration, quality assurance, modification of special terms, and contract closeout or termination
- Establish and enforce procedures to ensure proper procurement standards, processes and controls for the organization
- Travel domestically
Requirements for the Procurement Manager:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 5 years of industry-related purchasing/sourcing experience; advanced degree is preferred
- Ability and experience managing contracts across departments
- Ability to comfortably work in an intensely deadline-oriented and data driven environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong Analytical skills and detail orientation
- Experience running competitive request for proposals
- Purchasing and contract renewal negotiations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.