Product Development Specialist
Framingham, MA 01701
A global company located in Framingham, MA is seeking a Product Development Specialist to join their team. In this contract role, you will assist in the development of new consumer and/or commercial products and programs and manage the quality and performance of existing products. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Product Development Specialist:
- Collaborate with Product Management, Merchandising, Inventory Management, Product Designers, Quality Control, Legal, Supply Chain, and Asia Sourcing to define products that meet customers’ performance and cost targets and brand standards
- Develop engineering product specifications using Marketing/Product Briefs as input
- Ensure test protocols are developed that effectively confirm the specifications are met
- Provide input into cost negotiations and global contract manufacturer selection process
- Support activities related to manufacturing start-up and pilot run process with selected factories
- Maintain knowledge of return and defective rates and customer comments for existing products and implement the design, material, and/or specification changes to deliver product improvements
- Collaborate with the Quality Manager, Merchandising, Product Management, Inventory, and if applicable, the Asia Manufacturing team to react quickly to product quality issues and to drive containment and corrective actions with the supplier
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Limited knowledge of relevant products for the assigned categories including materials, costs, and domestic and offshore manufacturing processes and suppliers
- 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing or product development environment
- Good project management, organization, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Engineering, Business, or relevant Technical degree preferred
- Ability to achieve results while staying on schedule
- Ability to work well in a multi-functional and multi-national group and motivate team members
- Ability to adapt to constant change and competing priorities and to manage multiple small-scale projects simultaneously
- Curious, creative, and a demonstrated willingness to assemble / disassemble, use, interact with, and understand the inner workings of products
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’ s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.